The Fischoff Competition features 81 remarkable performances over the course of just three days. To be a success, the Competition depends upon the help of approximately 100 dedicated community volunteers.
Volunteers are needed for a variety of shifts, such as:
- Warm-up Supervisor (escort groups to/from their warm-up and performance)
- Performance Supervisor (assist with timing performances, distribute music scores to jurors)
- Registration (assist Fischoff staff by checking in groups, distributing packets & checking IDs)
- Hospitality (greet ensembles, collect & file music scores, watch belongings)
- Stage Manager* (set the stage for each group by moving chairs, music stands & piano)
- Page Turner* (turn pages for pianists; experienced turners only, please)
- Rehearsal Supervisor (oversee scheduled rehearsals, manage the schedule & enforce policies)
- Merchandise (assist with sales of t-shirts & other items)
Each shift is approximately 3 hours long and, with the exception of stage manager and page turner, no musical ability or musical knowledge is required. Attire is generally business casual and comfortable shoes are a must! All shifts take place at the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center on the campus of the University of Notre Dame.
Shifts are available beginning on Thursday evening and throughout the rest of the weekend. Friday is the day when we need the most help – from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. If you have the time, we can find a shift for you!
The Fischoff Competition connects two extraordinary sets of people – the musicians who compete and the volunteers who help make the weekend happen. Won’t you join us?
How to Volunteer
Interested? Intrigued? Please contact Miki Strabley, Competition Manager, for more information or to sign up for a shift or two!
Voicemail: 574.631.0599 x2
*Indicates that some musical ability/knowledge is required