The Peer Ambassadors for Chamber Music (PACMan) program takes place on Friday of the Fischoff Competition weekend. It involves our youngest competitors - ensembles from the Junior Division.
Each year, carefully chosen junior ensembles are invited into area classrooms to present informal performance-workshops for second and third graders. The program's purpose is to present to little learners a friendly and "real" introduction to chamber music. Since Fischoff junior division competitors are also in school, they make perfect peer-role models for elementary school children who look up to and identify with older students. The performance level of Fischoff junior division ensembles creates an excitement that is a powerful mentoring tool in encouraging young children to pursue music, and to consider joining their own school or community band and orchestra programs.
In 2015, the following schools received PACMan programs:
- Darden Primary Center, South Bend, IN
- Elm Road Elementary School, Mishawaka, IN
- Elsie Rogers Elementary School, Mishawaka, IN
- LaSalle Elementary School, Mishawaka, IN
- McKinley Primary Center, South Bend, IN
- Ottawa Elementary School, Buchanan, MI